Thursday, April 4, 2013

Hanoi Jane lies again


In our book “Aid and Comfort”: Jane Fonda in North Vietnam Erika Holzer and I proved that her wartime trip to, and radio broadcasts from, North Vietnam was provable constitutional and statutory treason of which she could have been convicted by a jury.

Then came her autobiography, in which she defended her trip and claimed that over the years since she had apologized.

In response, for Front Page Magazine Erika and I wrote a lengthy deconstruction of everything she said in her book about her junket to Communist Vietnam. Entitled “Guilty as Charged.”

On April 3, 2013 Newsmax reported that Fonda says that “I made one [!!] unforgivable mistake when I was in North Vietnam, and I will go to my grave with this.” She claims that she has “apologized repeatedly, both privately and repeatedly.”

(Although this is a PC blog, I can’t restrain myself from saying “Bull Shit”).

As to her treason, see “Aid and Comfort”: Jane Fonda in North Vietnam. As to the purported repeated apologies, see “Guilty as Charged.”